Friday, May 15, 2009

Introduction

My name is Thomas Vaeth. I am about to enter my 4th year, but not final year, of undergraduate study at East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania. The degree that I am pursuing is a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Biotechnology; however, I have decided to apply to pharmacy school before earning my degree. I am currently enrolled in Human Anatomy and Physiology 2, Introduction to Biology 2, and Microbiology. These classes are the last of my prerequisites for the majority of pharmacy schools I plan to apply to. Some people have told me to continue my education as an undergraduate, while others have told me to apply to pharmacy school if that is truly what I want to do as a career. I truly want to earn my Doctorate of Pharmacy.

The purpose of this blog is to share my experience of the entire process as I try to become enrolled into a pharmacy school. The blog will end the day I walk into my first class at a pharmacy school. I will post everything I can think of throughout the process. The updates to this blog will be posted as the events will happen. I will tell you my stories about everything, which include: starting my PharmCAS application, taking the PCAT, getting my offical transcript, sending my application to the schools of my choice, traveling the country for interviews, the rejection letters, and the acceptance letters. I will be providing all of this information through blog posts, pictures, and videos. All of the information I post will be the entire truth. I do not intend to trick anyone about anything. I will also be answering any questions that anyone has and be willing to follow any advice anyone has. This blog isn't just for me, but for everyone that plans to apply to pharmacy school for years to come and is in need of advice and direction.

2 comments:

  1. Greetins from SDN... great start!

    /follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Thomas , I am your follower , if you fail we all are going to fail.then I will shoot you :P

    ReplyDelete