Thursday, May 28, 2009

StumbleUpon

I recently downloaded a toolbar for Mozilla Firefox called StumbleUpon (http://www.stumbleupon.com/). Basically, you choose from a list of topics that interest you and every time you click the stumble button on the toolbar, you are brought to a different website that relates to your interests. The reason I am mentioning this toolbar is because some of the topics that are available to choose from apply directly to pharmacy. One category of topics is health, which includes anatomy and medical science, and another category of topics is science and technology, which includes biotechnology, chemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, and many more related to those subjects. They also have several other topics available to be chosen from if you are interested. I would highly recommend downloading the toolbar because all the information I stumble upon, I would never know otherwise.

Also, Nathan Dorn has been helping me out with my application process and my blog by giving me advice and words of encouragement. He'll be starting the 4 year PharmD program at the School of Pharmacy at the University of Colorado Denver in the Fall of 2009. I have been thinking about applying to the University of Colorado Denver even though it's further west then I've ever been. He also has a blog similar to mine (http://buffalopharmer.blogspot.com/), but his is about every week of his life leading up to his first day of class since he has been accepted to a pharmacy school already.

2 comments:

  1. Actually I start this fall (2009)! Close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. StumbleUpon seems to be very similar to Digg or Reddit. I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete