Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rx For Success



At the beginning of the week I ordered KAPLAN Get Into Pharmacy School: Rx for Success! from Amazon.com. Amazon.com was selling the book for $13.60, so I thought that it was well worth purchasing if any of the information could help me get 1 step closer to being accepted into pharmacy school (http://www.amazon.com/Get-Into-Pharmacy-School-Success/dp/1427795975/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243039732&sr=8-1). I got back to my apartment late in the afternoon yesterday, after a long day of exams and classes, to see that a package was placed right next to my front door. I immediately ripped the box open and felt a wave of disappointment fall over me. From the initial appearance of the book, it was not what I expected at all; however, after flipping through the book for a few minutes I became pleased with my purchase. Even though the book was smaller than I expected, the pages were packed with every piece of information that I have been researching for weeks. The authors went into detail about what a pharmacist does, information about the PCAT, what the PharmCAS application is, how to ask for letters of recommendation, and so much more. There is also information about each pharmacy school in the back pages of the book. The information about each school includes the school's acceptance rate, average accepted GPA, cost of tuition, prerequisites for the PharmD program, and several other details. The book was published in 2007, so newer schools, like Thomas Jefferson University and University of New England, are not included in the back section.

My suggestion is if you have any question about the application process, or even about the career, to pick up this book today or as soon as you can. Get Into Pharmacy School: Rx for Success! has cleared up a lot of my confusion and answered several questions by me only flipping through a few sections. I will hopefully be able to use the pages of information in this book that I have purchased to not only increase my chances of acceptance into pharmacy school, but also to increase my knowledge of pharmacy to help myself give better advice to others in their own process towards acceptance into pharmacy school.

2 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to say "thank you" for keeping up with this blog. It's entertaining and insightful at the same time. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete